Bandwidth limits not working on Balance One?

Good morning,

I’m trying to limit the upload being consumed by a machine running a backup, but the limits in Balance One don’t seem to work.

Individual Bandwidth limit: ENABLED
User Bandwidth limit: 25 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up for both Staff and Guest

User group defined as the machine (by IP) and placed into Guest user group.

After applying the settings, I go to client list and the machine doesn’t seem to be limited by any of the settings. Upload is still 93% of what is available.

Is there another way to limit bandwidth?

It appears the bandwidth limit eventually takes effect. I’m looking about 45 minutes later, and the upload has decreased to about 50% of what is available, in line with my Peplink Balance One settings.

Hello @cyclops,
You may have already done this, though in each of the Balance ONE’s WAN connections, did you enter in the WAN’s bandwidth limits?
We have not seen a 45 minute delay in this taking effect before, though we have also not measured how long it take to take effect.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

I do have WAN connection bandwidth limits in place as well.

I’m not sure if the upload limit took a full 45 minutes to take effect, but that is when I noticed it was finally working. It’s possible it was half that time or even less. It wasn’t as real time as I had expected.

Have you did the speed test to confirm after the Individual Bandwidth Limit was applied? We never received such complaint. May I know what is your firmware version?

1 Like