Balance One: "Health check disabled... Network problems cannot be detected." after reboot

I have a 5-WAN Balance One Core that recently started showing a banner indicating all WAN Health checks are disabled.

When I check the settings, they are disabled. I had them all enabled. and this never happened before, but now this banner pops up: once randomly, and always after reboot, despite manually re-enabling all health checks (DNS-based) prior to reboot. (Image is edited to remove the 5 WAN names).

I have tried reloading config, and factory reset and reloading config. But the health checks are still getting disabled without any intervention. Has anyone seen this? Any ideas about cause or fix?

Hello @prosumer,
We have seen this happening with several devices recently since migrating to FW 7.1.1 GA, in working with @Steve.Taylor we are fairly certain this is being caused by InControl2 and what appears to be the “Low Data Usage Mode” setting having been randomly changed throughout InControl2 to ON, turn this option back to OFF (clear the tick box) and save the setting changes, your health checks will restore there functionality (give the change a minute to propagate out from InControl2 to the device), next double check each device from that organisations group that you have made this change in for the Health Checks you require as they may be been reset to the factory default health checks for that WAN service.

For those MSPs and other managing multiple organisations and groups with InControl2, we recommend that you also check all of your organisations groups under the Setting menu of “InControl Options” to see if any other groups have been changed. Naturally there will be some who want this option Enabled.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @mldowling, InControl2 is indeed in use and I will take steps to correct it there.