Balance 30 LTE - switch from one SIM/carrier to the other takes about 150 seconds. Normal?

System: Balance 30 LTE, firmware 6.3.2s027
Configuration: WAN1 = Satellite, Wan3 = Cellular, with AT&T and Verizon SIM cards
**Carrier connections: **Both are LTE, Verizon pretty good (RSRP at -70), AT&T OK (RSRP at -85)
Observation: Autoswitching from one SIM card/carrier to the other (e.g., when changing from the preferred to the non-preferred) takes approx. 150 seconds.

Question: Is the 150 seconds lag (break in connection) normal for such a switch?

Hi,

Do you have detail event logs that we can further check ?

The default setting for “fail back to preferred SIM When” idle timeout is 3 minutes, it’s closer to the mention 150 seconds.

Thank You

The time-out was set to one minute - that minute is not included in the transition time.

The event log (the change being to make SIM B the preferred SIM):

Nov 11 19:32:37 WAN: Cellular connected to AT&T (10.239.119.88)
Nov 11 19:27:30 WAN: Cellular disconnected (No device detected)
Nov 11 19:27:15 WAN: Cellular reaches failback timeout, switching to preferred SIM B
Nov 11 19:26:47 System: Changes applied

Looks like it took some five minutes this time 'round.

S

Hi,

Just to confirm SIM A is Verizon ? SIM B is AT&T ?

Thank you

That is correct. The transition time seems to be similar, independent of which direction the transition is.

That is correct. The transition time seems to be similar, independent of which direction the transition is.

Please find my testing below. The only different is the time used to connect to the ISP. My device uses 33 seconds to connect to ISP. However, your device uses 5 minutes 7 seconds. The time used to connect to ISP is depending on the environment.

If you wish to know what is happening within the 5 minutes 7 seconds, please replicate the problem again (I believe the previous log was overwritten since it was happening on 11 Nov). Then download the Diagnostic Report and submit us a ticket.

Thank you.

I am ok with the delay - it is not critical for me. Unless you think there might be something wrong (or something useful to your development team) I’ll eave this one be for now.

S