B20 Health Check... recommended adjustment?

Our second WAN connection is through a cable company and I’m getting a lot of these disconnect/connect messages from Health check.

These are the current settings… any suggested change in the numbers to lessen the alerts?

Thanks!
Rey

After logging into the Balance, type in this address to get the support.cgi page:

http://<Peplink’s IP>/cgi-bin/MANGA/support.cgi

From there you can see the interface statistics. You may want to try locking down the port speed/duplex setting to see if that helps.

If you get a private DHCP address from the cable company, make sure it does not conflict with your LAN IP network.

Increasing the health check retries to 5 may also help since the WAN connection does not stay down for long.

Thank you. I changed the port to 100/Full for now, crossing my fingers that it reduces the messages.

I’m still getting some of the disconnects after changing the port settings and the retries to 5. I’ve sent an email to the cable company to see if they can check the line signal.

On a semi-related note… I would like to set up an Outbound rule to use WAN1 for a specific destination and just fall back to this problematic WAN2 if WAN1 is unavailable. Is this possible?

These are my current settings for Outbound policy

Use the priority algorithm with the destination placing WAN1 on top.

Argh, I think I locked myself out of the B20. I cannot reach it by the local IP.

Does this look right?

That looks correct.

Thank you. Just so I’m understanding the above correctly. Any outgoing request not matching destination domain name website.com just falls back down to HTTPS Persistence, then to default?

That is correct however there could be embedded links in the web site.

Thank you for the input Ron. Regarding embedded links, I don’t think that’s going to be an issue since I think they contain their web resources within the domain. This is the outbound rule that I implemented.