Automatically block one "path" - Speedfusion

Hi!

I just have one branch office in a country with some routing-problems. The inter-carrier link is congested at some times. So:

WAN1-BO ↔ HQ-WAN1 is stable
WAN2-BO ↔ HQ-WAN1 is stable
WAN1-BO ↔ HQ-WAN2 is stable
WAN2-BO ↔ HQ-WAN2 is NOT stable

I can manually disable that “tunnel”, but what happens, if I use Suspension Time after Packet Loss on that link? Will “both” links from WAN1-BO be disabled, if there is loss on that single connection vom WAN2-BO to HQ-WAN2?

Thank you for your help.
KPS

When “Suspension Time after Packet Loss” is active, it will only temporarily suspend a particular “wan-to-wan link”, not all the links on that WAN.

Can you share more about the congested behavior of that link? What is the packet loss rate or latency during that time?

1 Like

@Steve
Thats good news.
Packet loss WAN-to-WAN is about 20-30% every afternoon. Some links between Orange-France and Telekom-Germany are congested from 2pm to 8pm…

2pm to 8pm, that’s nearly the whole day within office hour… Would you consider to simply disable the wan-to-wan link using “connection mapping”?

1 Like

Hi!

Yes, thats right, but I hope, the providers will fix this soon. As this happens from time to time on different locations, I am searching for a setup that works in 99% of the situations…