AP Control, extending Balance One Wifi

Can the peplink balance control any other access points other than Peplink Devices? I’d really like to extend the wifi network of my Peplink Balance One, but it does not seem that Peplink offers any AP’s that offer simultaneous 2.4 and 5 Ghz networks. Can the Balance One control any other company’s AP’s?

I figure that scenario is probably not that likely, so my second question is whether I can use AP’s from another company to extend the Balance One’s network. For instance an Apple Airport Extreme which does do simultaneous 2.4 and 5 Ghz. I’m sure linksys and other companies also have dual band APs. But would they play nice extending the Balance One AP?

The AP Controller only works with our Pepwave access points, but we will be releasing a dual band concurrent model very soon.

ok. in the meantime, can other APs extend the wireless network created by the Balance One?

You could add any AP to increase the wireless coverage on your network, just make sure to deploy them in bridge mode so everything remains on the same network.

GREAT, thanks!