Anywhere Access Problem Server 2012 R2

I am trying to setup Anywhere Access on Server 2012 R2 Essentials and get the message “Anywhere Access to your Server is blocked” which seems to be a fairly common problem. UPnP does not seem to work when implemented on the Surf Solo Mk3, so I’ve tried opening up Ports 80 and 443 by creating “Services” in Advanced>Port Forwarding that directs TCP to the Server’s LAN IP address. This seems pretty straightforward. However, when I go to Status>UPnP/NAT-PMP it shows no ports as forwarded. Furthermore going to CanYouSeeMe.org and checking access to both ports results in a “Connection Refused” response. Needless to say trying to access XXX.remotewebaccess.com does not work and just times out.

I have a feeling I’m just doing something wrong in setting up the router. Any suggestions?

the ports 80 and 443 are used by default Peplink Balance\router, if you can not change the port in your system i suggest to configure a port map on Port forwarding feature where you can set a different external port to local port .

1 Like