All lights blinking in unison MAX BR1

After a local two day holiday, including an 18 hour power outage, our MAX BR1 was in a very strange state. All lights, including all six ethernet port lights, were all blinking together.in unison. I gave it one power cycle, and it came up again in the same state. I powered it down again, intending to try a factory reset. But on the second power cycle it returned to normal operation with its config intact.

Can anyone say what happened? The unit is four years old and out of warranty.

Thanks,
Steve

Hardware replacement may need for this device. Please find our hardware warranty policy below.

https://forum.peplink.com/t/hardware-warranty-policy/21333

1 Like

As I mentioned in my original post, I am aware of the warranty status. It is out of warranty. What I was hoping for was an engineering interpretation of the light blink event… something a bit more than “hardware replacement may need.” Yes, it may. Thank you, and I’m sorry, with all respect, but I do know that much myself. Anything further?

Thanks,
Steve

@it_mbeya

Normal LED status light for the device can be found at the user manual below:

Normally if the device is not within the normal LED status, most of the case it’s cause by hardware issue and hardware replacement require for device.

You mentioned :thinking::thinking::thinking::

Is this the first time the device behave like this ? Since the device is able to boot up and running as normal now, it’s worth that you open a support ticket to allow support team to check on device.

1 Like