Admin IP Default IP

My question concerns the default IP of 192.168.0.3 on the Pepwave AP One. That is the samwe IP as my email server. I did not know about the defualt admin IP of the Pepwave, and when I plugged this thing in, after giving it a static IP, it brought my email server to a screeching halt.
Is there any place other than in Network>>>WAN>>>Keep Default IP that I need to shut off that default IP? I was a little confused, because when I looked in the manual under Network>>>WAN>>>Static IP Address/Subnet Mask, it said:

You can use these fields to specify a unique IP address that your access point will use to
communicate on the Ethernet segment. This IP address is distinct from the admin IP
address (192.168.0.3) on the Ethernet segment.

Which seemed to suggest that maybe that 192.168.0.3 is retained as an admin IP even if you specify a different Manual Static IP and deselect the Keep Default IP.

Which I find hard to believe, but I just want to be assured that when I uncheck Keep Default IP, that 192.168.0.3 is no longer an IP on this device.

Thanks.

Once you uncheck Keep Default IP that address is no longer used on the device. Thanks

2 Likes

Tim is right. For more information, you can also check on the following forum post:

1 Like