Accessing device behind BR1 using FusionHub

Hi, thanks for this. I will give this a try.

Is there a way to look at a running process listing? I wanted to see if I could see the OpenVPN process running.

Here are the results. I started a capture on FusionHub and then did a port scan from a public website. I am not confident interpreting these results but it appears that the inbound attempt is visible in these results.

Lacking a way to verify OpenVPN is actually running, I’m not sure what to do next. I’m not supremely confident I have FusionHub setup “perfectly” and I suspect I have something set wrong that prevents OpenVPN from running.

I will repeat this capture test from my Macbook running Tunnelblick.

Do you followup the FusionHub captured results in support ticket ? Please include the packet capture file in the support ticket and support team will sure help you to verify on that.

The scan results screenshot that you share can’t conclude the issue because it’s only showing the packet/traffic received at the client device. There are a lot of router hops for the traffics to passing through when travel to internet so it can’t use to conclude the issue. The best ways is to check the traffics received at the FusionHub end and that will tell all the story.

Default when you enable the feature the service will be running. @MartinLangmaid have help a lot to verify whether this is related to firmware issue but look like not. Please followup using the support ticket.

1 Like

Hi, ok, I have uploaded a couple of files to the ticket.

One pcap file was created while I used a web based port scanner to hit UDP 1194.

The 2nd pcap file was created while I used Tunneblick on my Macbook.

Ticket 20040150

1 Like

@vronp, tech support is working on your case and shall response to you accordingly.

Thanks.

1 Like

A new firmware version has apparently fixed this. I can make OpenVPN connections now so I will now move on to the next step.

1 Like

Hi all,

Ok, I have a question about the OpenVPN setup on FusionHub.

Is there a way to setup OpenVPN on FusionHub to announce the route to the BR1 network which in my case is of course via the peplink VPN?

On my Macbook, I connect to FusionHub via OpenVPN. I can ping the FusionHub LAN IP (192.168.60.3). However, I cannot ping the BR1 IP (192.168.50.1). I’m presuming at this point that my Mac has no route to 192.168.50.0.

I can ping the BR1 interface from FusionHub.

I think I have setup OpenVPN server on other devices to do such a thing but I don’t see how to do it in FusionHub. Doing this would be the cleanest method in my opinion.

I am using the split tunnel configuration of course with Tunnelblick on the Mac.

thanks

Hi,

It appears this is not supported but it may be in a future release.

I did add a static route to the split tunnel .ovpn file provided by FusionHub. This works and is what I should have done in the first place.

1 Like

Can you explain clearly how you have that done ?

Thanks.

I followed your video and the steps above: created a FusionHub instance on a Vultr server then created a PepVPN connection between the BR1 and FusionHub.

From a remote laptop through the L2TP VPN connection I am able to login to the BR1 using its local IP address but I am unable to ping the local laptop connected to the BR1. I have confirmed that the local laptop is listed as a client on the BR1 status page, using the BR1 ping tool I cannot get a response.

I was under the impression that after hopping on the VPN from a remote computer I could ping any device attached locally to the BR1 (or any other device attached to the VPN).

Client list of BR1:

DHCP FusionHub VPN:

Remote Computer IP info:
PPP adapter L2TP VPN:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.32.0.103
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0