Acceptable ARP rate?

I am digging into some latency jitter issues and think I have stumbled onto an issue with layer2 traffic flooding my link. (Thank you for the ability to do these packet captures)

The amount of ARP traffic I see is hugely different on my two wan links. On one link I am seeing about 1300 ARP (gratuitous and typical query/response mixture) in an 80 second period. On the other WAN, I am only seeing about 16. It looks like on the flooded link, each interface on a 24 port switch is sending out ARP packets at a rate of 1 every 10 seconds. Any ideas as to what might cause this?

Can you share the physical connectivity of the WAN which has the huge amount of ARP packet?

It is a WISP provider. It uses microwave transmitter/receiver. My guess is someone forgot to shield me from their layer 2 traffic, but I am starting to think they have a switch failing somewhere. ARP stuff is only supposed to notify when something changes or a query is sent. The gratuitous ARP is a new one for me, but it makes sense. Just not at the volume I am seeing.

Thank you for confirming. The ARP traffic seems to take precedence as my connections often timeout. And udp packets just get dropped

Yes, I agree with you. You may need to check with the provider.

Thanks.