About Incontrol2 reporting time

I have set Incontrol2 and I found that the reporting location’s real time was 8 or 12 second. I need reduce the reporting location’s real time to 1or 2 second. How can i do? Thanks.

Devices are reporting their coordinate to IC2 every 2 seconds. The map just refreshes the map every 10 seconds. Currently, there is no setting to change the map’s refresh rate. But if you use the IC2 API to request for a device’s location every 2 seconds, you should see the coordinate changes every time.

May I know what your use case is?

1 Like

What is the incontrol2 API? How can I get this service to request for a device’s location every 2 seconds? Thank you for your help.

Search engines are your friend. “Incontrol2 API” yields IC2 API.

Cheers,

Z

1 Like

Thank zegor_mjol.

Marco, you can refer to the endpoint “/rest/o/{organization_id}/g/{group_id}/d/{device_id}/loc”.

1 Like

Michael, is it need to buy the API service to my incontrol 2? Since I found the API only can provide test version to us.

@Marco_Wong

IC2 API is opened for devices that manage under IC2. The API document is just a guideline/API query’s with example templates that how you can get/post request via IC2 API.

You need to have programming skill in order to integrating your application with the data obtained from IC2 API.

2 Likes

Michael, how to enter to the “/rest/o/{organization_id}/g/{group_id}/d/{device_id}/loc”. ?

@Marco_Wong,

IC2 API guide well explained what you need to do to get the info from IC2 API.
https://www.peplink.com/ic2-api-doc/#!get_rest_o_o_g_o_d_o_loc

You need to get someone that have basic programming knowledge in order to integrate your application with IC2 API.

1 Like