Ability to show what 2.4 and 5Ghz channels are in use by devices on incontrol

I cant find a way to show this and have to check each device at a time at the moment. An example is we have a couple of groups with around 30x APs in each, it would be nice to be able to check the RF channels in use across the AP’s in the group, I couldnt see a way to display this in incontrol, only on the device itself under the “AP / WDS” menu

1 Like

Hello Peplink Team,
I would like to extend on @cgreen’s request, historical data on the channels used with each device and in the group/organisation would be helpful too.
Good idea Peter.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The current firmware does not support to report the current Wi-Fi channels in use. We will add the support in later firmware releases. The channel numbers will also be recorded in the event log. So they will act as historical records of the channel information.

1 Like

+1
similar to the request I have but for standalone UI

1 Like

What about using InControl2 to do show the frequency, InControl2 currently shows the frequency band, here are two examples
InControl2 - Wi-Fi Frequency band is used by client device - example #1
InControl2%20-%20Wi-Fi%20Frequency%20band%20is%20sue%20by%20client%20device%20-%20example%20%20%231%20(Rising%20Connection)
InControl2 - Wi-Fi Frequency band is used by client device - example #2

Happy to Help,

1 Like

Yes this is a perfect format of existing UI section where the current frequency channel column can be inserted and shown as well.

I would suggest to insert column for SSID too.
This will definitely give us a good page idea of what channel an SSID is on right now and which particular AP down to which specific radio is assigned and using it?

thanks

Hello @rocknolds,
The SSID is visible to the left of the frequency, we just omitted it from our images for client confidentiality.
Happy to Help,