Hello, my name is Pedro and I’m from Brazil.I own a company that does live video streaming broadcasts for TV, mostly I work for ESPN Brazil. I Saw some of your videos on youtube and got really interested on Pepwave Bonding system.
For the past few years I’ve been developing a streaming box, and right now it’s working really well. But everything always depends on the internet quality, good and reliable links provide good and stable streaming
Right now my system uses a 3G VPN bonding system, that is really similar from the peplink. It has a client unit with 7 UTMS modems embedded and a server unit that should stay in the data center.
The company which sold me this product is lightspeed (from Taiwan) I’m not sure if you know them.
Even though my system works, I’ve been encountering a few difficulty with it:
- The bonding does not work over seas, due to the latency the data center must be geographically close to the client. That is really bad to me, because I’m traveling abroad all the time.
- It can bond several SIM cards, but once one channel on the VPN goes bad, all the rest is affected. In other words, if one SIM gets unstable the whole bonding is affected, killing my video stream
- Due to the latency difference I can only bond SIM cards from the same carrier, when I try to aggregate from different carriers the bonding goes really bad.
- I can only get a effective bonding from 2 SIM cards, when I try to use more than 2 modems, connection doesn’t seen to aggregate correctly, instead of getting a faster network I get a more unstable network, due to the VPN tunnels.
- I’ve never been able to get more than 1.5mb upload out of it, event though when each modem is running above 1mb. When I try to aggregate than I get 1.2 - 1.5 instead of 2mb (which should be a real bonding)
- I can only bond internet pipes that has similar connection speeds, If I have a 10mb DSL and a 3G modem that gives me 1mb, the bonding result is always around 1 - 2 mb not 11mb (10mb from the DSL and 1 from the 3G)
I have good knowledge and experience in this field… **I would like to know from you, if your system can provide a solution for the up topics. **I understand that 3G is a unstable technology, specially in Brazil, but my system seems to make everything more unstable, I really need a solution for that.
I’ve also spoke with a company from Germany (Viprinet) Their product seems to be really good too, can you compare yours with them?
Thank you very much, and sorry about so many questions, I’ve already invest a lot of money on 3G bonding systems, and did not gave me the expected results so I need to ask everything before investing more money.
If you care, this is a quick example of my work: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58692/3g_bonding.mp4Thank you in advance.