24-Port-SD-850W Switch Requests

I saw them in the video footage of the event but I was wondering when they will be released for purchase?

Any updates regarding Port Security??

Will there be a M12 version of the SD-WAN switch?

As I cannot get any info on this from another post, can you tell me once power is applied, exactly how long does it take to boot and become operational supplying POE to devices?

@BeachComber1: We have one here. Give me 3-4 hours and we’ll test it and let you know.
-=-=-=-
Update: From cold power-down to delivering POE and forwarding 1:50 was required for the 24 port, 850W switch.

2 Likes

Thank you. I do not understand why switches like this take so long to startup. I am at 4:00 even on a Dell X1052p. While 1:50 cuts the time in half, I still feel like there should be units I am missing that could cut down on that startup time tremendously. If my router can be operational in 20 seconds, the penalty on the switch is just far too unacceptable.

Yes, I know UPS, etc. But I continue to have incremental issues that take me down over 5 minutes until the Access Points are up and operational.

A couple of things… If you’re looking for a definitive response as to “why” that would have to come from one of the nice folks at Peplink.

But I’m wondering (just curious): How often do you actually reboot your switch(es)? Is the start-up time really an issue?

Unfortunately in the area the unit is in there are several quick drop outs a week and the UPS does not catch them all.

Ouch. I see. Sounds like the problem is great er than “reboot time.” Any chance of replacing the UPS and/or setting the trigger V higher?