20/30 6.1.0 Public Beta 1 build 2422: 2nd hard crash in a week!

Since installing the beta I have experienced my second router crash in a week, which can only be recovered by powering down from the mains.

It stops serving ip addresses, cannot log into the GUI.

It seems to occur when I attempt to change a WAN port’s setting from PPPoE to Static ip, in order to access a modems configuration.

The Peplink 30 was previously the most reliable router in my experience.

It has never crashed or stuttered in >18 months of heavy use.

I hope you can work out the glitches, as I am considering reverting to the previous non-beta firmware.

Thanks

Can you send us a diagnostic report of this case with 6.1 beta firmware by creating support ticket? Then, we suggest to revert back to 5.4.9 firmware. We will inspect the case internally.

Thanks, I have submitted a diagnostic report as advised. I am now reverting to the previous firmware.

Mine crashed today. Weird though. The DHCP server was down. The webserver admin was down too. traffic was passing for connected devices with IP addresses and cached dnS

Hi Dan,

Please open support ticket and submit your diagnostic report so we can investigate.

Thanks,
-Jonan
-Peplink

A new beta firmware will be sent to you through our ticket system, which should solve this issue.

I have a same problem.

Hi astryukov,

A new beta firmware has been sent to you through our ticket system. Please have a try. Thanks.

hm, I can submit ticket but I can’t login and respond or see my open tickets.

@astryukov: We have discussed and dispatched the firmware over our support system

hm, I can submit ticket but I can’t login and respond or see my open tickets.

Please make sure support@peplink.com is whitelisted so you can receive responses and updates.

it is white listed, I did received reply that firmware was:
Hi astryukov,

A new beta firmware has been sent to you through our ticket system. Please have a try. Thanks.

but i never got link to firmware download or I’m unable then I login to secure.peplink.com see any of my open tickets. Such option simply doesn’t exist there.

I gave experienced three crashes of the web ui after pressing “apply” - have to power cycle router to get access again, could I try the new firmware please?

Dear all, we are still improving this area, and we will send you all another and newer firmware. We will also update you once the firmware is available.

As my previous post in here, we are working on another new firmware, and we will send it to you via email.

On a related issue, I managed to lockup the web GUI, forcing me to pull the power and a reboot.

I was in the support.cgi screen with packet capture active, with a regular screen in another browser tab where I pressed Apply changes, and it locked up. The change I made was to activate the ipsec vpn connection.

I haven’t got a clue where to do this. I got an account on the store thinking it was support. Registered a device. Cannot see anywhere to submit a support ticket

Support tickets can be submitted here:
http://cs.peplink.com/contact/support/

Cheers, done it now