SOHO MK3 multi SSIDs w/ one VPN?

Does the PepWave Surf SOHO MK3 have the ability to broadcast two separate wifi networks with one of them configured to run through a VPN? Or is a second router needed to broadcast the second wifi network with the VPN?

I have a device that needs to connect through a VPN in a different country, but doesn’t currently allow VPN setup at the device level. The other devices need to be separated from that one, due to users connecting to multiple streaming sites in the local country.

What type of VPN is it?
On the SOHO, you can create a VLAN and associate that VLAN with a SSID. Outbound rules are then used to forces all traffic from that VLAN to the VPN.
It’s definitely possable as long as the SOHO supports your VPN type.
P.s. the SOHO supports PEPvpn, L2TP & PPTP VPN

@sitloongs please confirm the number of SSIDs on the SOHO. Can’t find it in any documentation.

1 Like

When discussing VPNs, it is critical to say if you are referring to a VPN client or a VPN server.

My understanding is that the Surf SOHO can function as a PPTP VPN server and as an IPsec/L2TP VPN server but can not function as a VPN client. It sounds like the question is about the router functioning as a VPN client.

Yes, documentation has not been updated on the Surf SOHO for over a year and a half. The number of SSIDs is higher in firmware 7.1 than the older limit of 3. I was able to create 5, not sure what the new limit is.

The new limit is 16. Go have fun!

1 Like