Peplink API - Device Status

Hi,

I’m developing a system that integrates with a Peplink router for networking. I am using the API for getting various information regarding then network. I cannot see an endpoint that allows for “front page status” items, like unit temperature, CPU load, uptime, etc.

Are there undocumented endpoints that could be used for this?

its to be used with peplink max and blanace products

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon,

For the incontrol2 API its included in this API call:
GET /rest/o/{organization_id}/g/{group_id}/d/{device_id}
or
GET /rest/o/{organization_id}/g/{group_id}/d/{device_id}/info

In the device API its indeed undocumented, but you can call it using:
GET /api/status.system.info

Hopefully it helps. :slight_smile:
Kind regards,

Dylan

1 Like

You might want to refer to some of my sample code where I login to units, and make changes.

1 Like

Ah amazing, I will give that a try, that works locally as well? This application is local to the network, a physical screen that displays general network information, as there is no “at a glance” network information past the leds for a few very basic things like power, WiFi etc. So it doesn’t use incontrol2

Thanks both for your responses!

Cheers,

Yes my scripts were specificly designed for offline and/or local use.

1 Like

The Device API works indeed offline/local. the InControl2 API only works online.
Here you can find the documentation of the device API: https://www.peplink.com/support/miscellaneous-downloads/#Router-API

There are some undocumented API calls, but its usually easy to figure out if you need specific info from the device.

1 Like

Nice, I was actually making something similar in the past for myself in my spare time.
Didn’t realise you already made it. Would have saved me a lot of time :smiley:

1 Like