Max using Starlink High Performance as the WAN connection.

I saw a very old thread about using SL with a Max and it requiring some special firmware. [Starlink / App (Dish Management) Access] I am on 8.3.0 and would prefer not to downgrade it to be able to access the admin page or allow the SL phone app to connect Locally.

Is there something updated that explains how to make it work on 8.3.0?

Thanks, Bill

I am curious as to what you are referring to. I have a Surf SOHO MK3 that has been running off a 2nd generation Starlink terminal in a remote cabin in Vermont for well over a year. I bought the adapter that allows an ethernet connection (the 2nd gen Starlink as is only has WiFi), as It looks to the SOHO like any other ethernet connected WAN. Before buying the adapter, I had it connected via the Starlink’s WiFI, and that behaved normally too. I can access the Starlink terminal via the cell phone app anywhere in the world as long as the Starlink terminal is up. (Which it always has been except for a week last December when a storm felled tree took out the power to the cabin.) I should also say I have no trouble remotely configuring the Surf SOHO MK3 via Incontrol.

So I am curious what you mean about special firmware & what it’s suppsoed to do for you.

Here is the thread. Starlink / App (Dish Management) Access / Peplink According to WeiMing you folks made a special build to allow it to work 2 years ago.

What did you have to do on yours to allow you phone to connect local? -Bill

When I am at my cabin, I still just use the phone app to check out the Starlink status, check for dropouts, rescan for obstructions, etc. I have no idea if it’s connecting to the terminal via the Surf, directly via the Starlink’s WiFi SSID (which I’'ve left on, but is not the SSID the phone connects to automatically at the cabin, but the phone does know the Starlink’s SSID password) or it’s going out to the Internet via the Surf to Starlinks Cloud Server similar to when I’m half a planet away. The phone app just works. I’ve not tried a web browser on a local PC for contacting the terminal. Those are supposed to be
dishy.starlink.com or 192.168.100.1

I can imagine the dishy one might be more robust in that the Starlink terminal itself is probably the resolver for that. Having said all of that, the IP based Management IP Address entry on my Balance 20X at my house doesn’t work for accessing my cable modem like it’s supposed to.

The feature required to access starlink “Managment IP address” has been in every firmware release since then… So 8.3.0 has the same code. So Just follow the instructions in the original FW release.

You can read the forum history for the particular interaction of routing and ARP addresses that required the new feature.