HD4 port forward with SIM card doesn't work

Hi there!
I’m newbie to this.
I am trying to do port forwarding to receive SRT signal on my vmix system but I cannot seem to get the port forward to work with SIM cards.
Can anyone with some experience share with me on how I can move forward with this if I can only use SIM cards?
I was hoping to use speedfusion with this so I can get a good bandwidth.

Any advice on how to begin setting this up. Appreciate any help I can get.
shireen

Hello.
Just to clarify, maybe I understand wrong. Do you want to allow direct connections from internet to your device, using the IP address of your SIM CARDs?
You need to check your SIM CARDs, what IP Address they got. Those IPs are public address? Your mobile operator, allow your SIM CARDs to receive a connection originated from the Internet?

Sample case: My country, by standard, not allow SIM CARDs to receive a connection originated from the internet. So… at my country, we need to use a business internet connection that allow us to forward a connection originated from the internet to a internal host.

Regards,

You will want a Fusionhub most likely as it will have a public IP that you can then forward through to your VMIX system.
Take a look at this:

Thanks Marcel I dont know how to check this. When I tried using my home WAN the port forwarding works. so i guess the sim card doesnt allow.
Thanks for sharing!

Hi Martin!
Thanks for the reply.
I tried following your method on YT but i keep getting stuck at the dropbox raw file section. It keeps showing me this error
“Expected a raw disk image, but found: HTML document text\012- HTML document text\012- HTML document text\012- HTML document text\012- HTML document text\012- exported SGML document, ASCII text, with very long lines”
I don’t know what else to do. I pasted the direct link from dropbox to the url. I’ve unzipped the file after downloading. I have no clue how to get round this error.
Any advice?

shireen

Ah, is that the link to the raw file?
If so you can find that here: FusionHub on KVM at VULTR Host - Mission Success! - #15 by mldowling

Yes that’s where I got the file actually. For some reason the link on dropbox just keeps showing the error i mention. I do not know how to proceed from there. Have tried with google drive, one drive. Not sure what else i can do anymore

Use this direct link to the raw file (rather than the zip) instead http://download.peplink.com/firmware/fusionhub/fusionhub-8.0.1-build1644.raw