dyndns not updating on Balance 30 Pro

Hi,

New to Peplink, just setup my Balance 30 Pro to work with an FWA (public static IP), Starlink (natted by SpaceX), LTE (public dynamic IP). All WAN’s are setup as “Always On”.
I have a couple of IoT devices that require port forwarding to be accessed from outside the LAN.
For the FWA and LTE connections I setup two different dyndns hosts, one for the FWA and one for the LTE, but they are not being updated, am I doing something wrong?

Also, in load balance or any of the other modes, any device in the LAN can be called to use either WAN connection, thus with a different dyndns host for me to access it.
Is there, and which one would it be if so, the way to use always one single dyndns host to access my IoT devices, regardless of what WAN is assigned by the router? Would speedfusion Connect provide a public IP for the VPN ?
Alternatively, how to I lock a specific LAN address or MAC to use always the same WAN ? (of course if it fails I am out of options)

Thanks!

Lots of questions/issues there. First, WRT DDNS, both Starlink and your cellular WANs are behind carrier-grade network address translation (CGNAT.) If you do a search of this acronym here on the Forum and on the internet you’ll “get it.” DDNS will not work. Indeed, this has been discussed here ad nauseam. Essentially, inbound connections are not possible – for reasons well beyond Peplink’s control.

There are solutions to this, the best of which may be to spin up a FusionHub (the 'Solo" license is free from Peplink.) After doing so, one constructs a PepVPN or SpeedFusion tunnel between your router and the FusionHub. Inbound connections would be via the FH. (Search the Forum and Youtube. @MartinLangmaid has a great video on Youtube that really explains this well – few could do better explaining.)

I think the preceding paragraph answers the questions in your 2nd paragraph except for this: SpeedFusion Connect (formerly, “SpeedFusion Cloud” – a much more descriptive and logical name) is an “outbound service” [my term, not Peplink’s.] Inbound connection are not possible. This is an extremely useful tool – but not for inbound traffic.

I submitted a feature request in 2015 requesting the capability to allow routers’ built-in DDNS client to provide updates with the “then best” healthy WAN. (It was also discussed here.) So far as I know this has not been implemented. While it would help many of us yet today this would not solve your problem because you are still behind CGNAT. Even if DDNS were updated inbound traffic would not “get through” in your situation. [Shameless “plug” to ask Peplink to consider this geriatric feature request. ;<) ]

As to your final question, that’s quite easy. Look for “Outbound policies” in your GUI menu. I don’t have a B30 Pro handy but I’d expect to find it at Network → Outbound Policy. This is an extremely powerful (and, I’d venture to say, often underused) too. Check out your firmware manual for details. (You can download it here if you don’t have a copy handy.) If you want to ensure the traffic from a given LAN client always uses a certain WAN this is the tool that will make it happen. Very versatile and works perfectly in my experience.

Thank you, lots of information to digest, I’ll research fusion hub.
I only disagree on “my cellular connections being behind cgnat”. That’s true only for Starlink, because the FWA has a public static IP (that I can ping from anywhere, provider is Eolo in Italy). The LTE connection has a dynamic public IP (TIM in Italy, public IP is upon request), which I can also ping from anywhere and I use to port forward to vis dyndns no problem

[quote=“Nicola_Barrocu, post:3, topic:41372”]
I only disagree on “my cellular connections being behind cgnat”
[/quote] OK, noted. Thank you very much for the correction. It may indeed be that you are not suffering from the “CGNAT problem.” ;<) If you are not then you should have no problems with inbound connections. Should be easy and fixable with a few keystrokes. And, then I’ve also misunderstood most of your concern, I’m afraid. Sorry for wasting the bandwidth … ;<(

But really thank you for the speed fusion hub suggestion, I watched the video on YouTube, that seems to me the way to go for now to have one single dyndns to access my lan, and get speed fusion bonding with , I’ll post back when I do it, thanks!