5G flex module for balance 20x

Hi,
When can we expect a 5G flexmodule for the balance 20x?
thanks,

1 Like

I don’t think it’s on the road map for this model as it lacks the cpu power and slot bus speed to truly support 5g. On that note, I’d love to see a refresh of the 20x based on the new specs of the br1 pro 5g. So a base model with LTE-A CAT6 modem , dual processor and a bus that can support enough bandwidth for a cat5g module.
The module slot may also have to be redesigned to support enough heat dissipation as well, but it would be great if the new 20x , could support previous modules and beyond.

2 Likes

I hope this is not the case as 20x was initially market as 5G ready and one of the reasons I bought it!

If you’re not planning on using Speedfusion perhaps, but given the 20X is only rated for 100Mbps of SF traffic that’s a bit low frankly to take advantage of what 5G could potentially offer - we’ve seen Huawei CPE pro routers deliver near enough gigabit speeds over the air in some UK cities so we just plug those into a 310X via Ethernet.

1 Like

@jdavis, I have feedback from the team, we are targeted to launch the FlexModule Mini 5G version towards the end of Q3’ 2021, share in this topic too.

2 Likes

This is good news! thanks For the update.

This is good news! thanks For the update.

I have one running in a 20x and its working very well, the only thing its missing is tech information about the connectivity type, it doesnt seem to be showing that information in the UI or incontrol, just shows as connected.

Speed wise have hit 100Mb on LTEA with it so far, but havent been in a 5G area with it to test that capability yet.

I just received my 2 5g flex modules, I’ll be testing in the 20x soon.

3 Likes

Be interested to hear what kind of real world throughput you get from these vs a Cat12/18 module given the bandwidth limitations of the Flex slot on the 20X.

We’ve seen seriously high throughput from 5G modems in UK cities, way more than the 20X slot can supposedly handle anyway, Cat12 LTE here can deliver >100Mbps on a good day anyway.

But I do wonder if the more modern chipset used in the 5G modem may help in marginal signal areas vs Cat12/18 LTE…

1 Like

What’s the verdict from your testing of the 5G flex + B20X combo - how fast can it get?

Waiting with bated breath,

Z

I’ll do some tests tomorrow.

1 Like